I started the "thankfulness challenge" on facebook that so many of my friends have undertaken and stayed with the whole time. I wasn't so great at it but i am going to try and list them here.
1. I am thankful for my saviour, Jesus Christ, without him I would be nothing and have nothing.
2. My husband. Things haven't always been perfect but we love each other and are trying each day to make it work.
3. My four beautiful children, they are one of life's greatest blessings.
4. Having a home to live in. somewhere to be kept safe and out of the weather. and a pillow to lay my head on at night.
5. My amazing friends. You have been there to hold my hand, laugh with me, cry with me, and just listen when I needed someone to talk to.
6. My job----even thought some days I seem to hate it with all that I am. I'm thankful that I have a job to help me provide for my family.
7. My dad----he was always there and loved me unconditionally through all of my ups and downs. He gave up so much to try to help us have what we needed/wanted.
8. My sister, she is amazing. she deals with much more than someone her age should have to be dealing with, things that I should be my responsibilty as the oldest sibling but bc of the military I can't be there so she steps in and for that I am thankful.
9. health care and having the acess to get the treatment that we need. and the knowledge that the doctors have to help take care of my children and myself. God has given us all great doctors who work hard to make sure we are doing the best we possibly can.
10. i am thankful that Aiden is going to be able to go back to school and is enrolled in the Early Childhood Special Education program and be able to get more serivces and the help that he needs. I think his new speech therapist put it best today, we will all be working to find the keys to "unlock" him. I know that one day he will be able to talk to us and we will understand him. It will be so much better for him.
11. I am thankful for our church. We have been blessed with amazing staff and an amazing pastor. I coudln't ask for a better church.
12. I am thankful for the beautiful weather that we have been having. I love this time of year, as the seasons are changing. The world is painted in so many different shades of color. Its amazing.
13. I am thankful for our military, who give up so much for the freedoms that we often take for granted.
14. I am thankful for God's faithfulness. He has never let me down. His mercy's are new every morning.
15. I am thankful for Starbucks, they have great coffee, and they also don't mind if you hang out there for a little while and catch up on conversations with friends.
16. I am thankful for the kids teachers, who give of themselves so that my children may have an education.
17. I am thankful for forgiveness.
18. I am thankful for children's laughter. there is something in a child's gigle or laugh that just makes me smile and warms my heart.
19. I am thankful for music. esp on K-love. music speaks to my heart in a way that nothing else can.
20. I am thankful for the answered prayers.
21. And I am thankful for some of the unanswered ones too...
22. I am thankful for the freedoms we have in our country.
23. I am thankful for how God has his hand on our lives, even the small details, and how he works it all out just according to his plan.
24. and i am thankful that God isn't finished with me yet. He's still working on me....