Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Can you imagine?

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about Mary, you know the mother of Jesus :). I often think to myself that my life is hard and I find myself having a pity party for myself. But Can you imagine how hard life was for her at that time. She was very young, pregnant out of wedlock, and she was going to give birth to Jesus. People probably looked down on her becasue she was not married and there were probably not many people that believed her story...that she was a still a virgin yet pregnant with the Son of God. She had to travel a long way to get to Bethlehem and then gave birth in a stable on a bed of hay with no where to lay her child except in a manger. I can not imagine the pain that she had to endure, physically and emotionally. And I wonder if how difficult it was to really wrap her mind around the fact that she was carrying the Messiah. Lately everytime I hear the words to "Mary, Did you know?" I tear up b/c it reminds me of this. Yes my life is hard, but really is it all that bad? Mary sacrificed so much to fulfill God's plan, she endured so much pain, who am I to complain about the circumstances in my life. My prayer is that I remember that the problmes and pain that I have now are nothing compared to what many others have went through and are currently going through now.


Mary, Did you Know?
Mark Lowry

Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.
Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God.
The blind will see, the deaf will hear and the dead will live again.
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb.
Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding is the great I am.
Merry Christmas!! Remember Jesus is the Reason for the Season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment