Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Years Resolutions

I have been thinking on my new year's resolutions for this year.

of course there are the obvious one's: loose weight, get more organized, get out of debt, I'm always trying to do those

but on a serious note. i want to get serious about my relationships. Most importantly my relationship with God. get back to having my quiet times regularly, praying more, just spending more time in His presence.

I want to work on my marraige. We have been through a lot in the last few years. Things were really rocky just before he left for this deployment. We've been working on things while he's been gone, praying for each other, sharing scriptures and such over email. I think we are on the road to recovery but I know that we have a lot longer to go.

I want to work on my relationships with my kids. I want to be more available to them for talking and just spending time together. Having family time more.

And on my friendships. I haven't always been the best friend and I want to be better at that.

And also I want to learn to love me for who I am. I can't ever think of a time that I could truly say that I loved myself. I am working on dealing with the issues from my past that I believe have caused me to be this way and my prayer is that one day I will be able to put it all behind me.

I'm confident that in the coming year I will be able to accomplish some if not most of these. My hope would be that I could accomplish all of them, but some of the more obvious ones will take a little more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment